Please check back later for updates
The Dr. OZ Moment
Here are some of my favorite Dr. Mehmet Oz & Dr. Andrew Weil Remedies
Make Thinning Hair Stronger from the inside, out
Viviscal Extra Strength - $50.00 for 60 tablets- Find it at your local drug store
Take it for 4-6 weeks in order to see results.
Viviscal® is an all natural hair loss solution for reversible thinning that is composed of vitamin C, silica compounds, and AminoMar C™, a marine protein complex which has been shown to:
- Nourishes the hair follicles
- Strengthens and encourage the growth of existing hair
- Promotes the growth of weaker, less visible hairs
- Makes hair look more vibrant and feel better
Make Thinning Hair Grow with Rosemary - External
Rosemary, the savory herb that's a staple in every kitchen, has actually been proven to stimulate hair follicles so hair grows longer, stronger and thicker over time. Bonus: Just massaging this oil into your scalp increases blood circulation to hair follicles, making the roots stronger and leading to less hair loss.
Make your own rosemary scalp oil!
1. Remove the leaves from 4-6 sprigs of rosemary. Discard the stems and set the leaves aside.
2. Use a double boiler or fill a small pan halfway with water; place on the stovetop on medium heat and set a heat-safe bowl on top of the pan --not touching the water.
3. Add 1 cup olive oil and rosemary leaves into the bowl; continually stir while the oil is heating; stop when the oil is warm.
4. Strain the leaves out; let cool.
5. Massage the oil into your scalp and work through your hair.
6. Leave the oil on your hair and scalp for at least 15 minutes, then shampoo and condition as usual.
Blue Aveda Malva Shampoo
Blue Aveda Malva Shampoo adds silvery brightness to gray hair, and neutralizes brassiness in chemically-treated hair for all shades. Blended with blue malva that's wild-crafted, sustainably gathered by hand in its natural habitatto, balance hair and scalp, plus coneflower, known for its ability to intensify color.
Joico Revitalux - $22.00 - Use 3 x's a week
Experience the luxury of healthy hair instantly. NEW K-PAK RevitaLuxe is the FIRST of its kind: a luxury hair treatment clinically proven to INSTANTLY correct years of damage and protect against future damage.With each application, dry damaged hair becomes dramatically stronger, softer, more moisturized. Featuring bio-advanced Keratin Peptide Complex™ a patent-pending blend of revolutionary ingredients.
Drug Store Beauty Products that work
Garnier Ultra Lift - $16.00
Olay Cleansing Cloths - $7.00
Miracles in a Bottle
Prevent Wrinkles with GTF = Chromium - 500 mcg's 2 x a day
Prevent Varicose Veins with Hesperidin - 50 mg with diosomin
Prevent Thinning Hair with Black Currant - Blocks Hormones - 500 mg 2 x a day
Brain Booster- Drink Gotu Kola tea - 2 leaves a day
Gas & Indigestion- Take India Asafoetida & Cat's Claw which calms down the digestive track
Boost Libido- Take Maca
Anti-Aging Supplement-Pomegrante & Berries with Reservatol - Drink one 8-ounce glass a day - Available at WalMart
Wrinkles-Eat one cucumber a day with the skin on
Age Spots- Mix Frankinsense oil with olive oil
Dry Skin- Use African Black Soap & Eat Acerola Cherries - Chew one a day
Five Foods for Deep Sleep
1. Pumpkin Seed Powder - High in Tryptophan - Mix with applesauce - Have with a carb.
2. Tart Cherries - High in melatonin - Montomerncy
3. Pulque - Alcoholic drink - High in tryptophan - drink a few hours before bed.
4. Scottish Oatmeal - High in tryptophan - Eat a 1/2 cup 2 hours before bedtime.
5. Dandelion Greens- Helps clean your liver - Eat 1/2 cup on hour before bedtime.
Defeat Stomach Gas/Bloating with:
Slippery Elm Tea - Drink one cup in the morning and work up to three cups per day.
Eat 1/2 cup of fresh pineapple each day
Chew on one of these foods: Carminative seeds, Anise, Cardomon or Celery seeds after a meal.
Avoid these bad fats
Hydrogenated Oils, Canola Oil, Margarine, Butter Substitutes
Eat these good fats
Real butter, organic whole eggs, coconut oil, avocados, raw nuts
Rice Bread, Millet, Spelt, Quinoa, Sweet Potatoes, All fruits & vegetables
Hasten the End of a Cold - By Dr. Andrew Weil, M.D.
You can try to hasten the end of a cold with the measures below, all of which are aimed at helping your immune system fight off the bug that is causing the symptoms:
- Astragalus (Astragalus membranaceous): This is one of my favorite immune-boosting tonics. It is the root of a plant in the pea family long used in China to prevent illness and strengthen sick people. You can get slices of dried astragalus root at Chinese groceries and some health-food stores. Simmer the slices in tea or soups (they'll add a pleasant sweet taste). Or buy extracts of astragalus in liquid, capsule or tablet form. Follow the dosing directions on the package. This herb is nontoxic and can be used long-term to increase resistance.
- Andrographis (Andrographis paniculata): This is a much less well-known herb that is available in tablet form under the brand name Kan Jang, and looks promising as an effective cold remedy and immune booster. Take two tablets three times a day.
- Get adequate rest: Make sure you get at least seven to nine hours of sleep a night, depending on the amount your body requires. If you're not sleeping well, your immune system produces fewer of the natural-killer cells needed to destroy cells that are infected with the cold virus.
- Eat well: Make sure you're getting foods that give you plenty of immune-boosting antioxidant vitamins and minerals - fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds. And don't forget that garlic, onions, and ginger are especially good. Try ginger root tea to bust a lingering cold.
- Take immune-boosting mushrooms to enhance your resistance: I recommend to easy-to-take mushroom products, Stamets 7 Mushroom Blend from Fungi Perfecti (www.fungi.com), a liquid extract of seven different species and Host Defense from New Chapter (www.new-chapter.com), a similar mixture in capsule form. Take the amounts suggested on the product labels.
Andrew Weil, M.D.
Herbs you should use daily to maintain optimum health
chlorella - detoxifies mercury in the body - take 200mg a day, 1 gram with each meal
Eat Cilantra, mint and parsley
Thyme, sage, majoram, oregano, apple pie spice, cinnamon, jamaican allspice, italian spice/basil, clove and tumeric as curcumin
Sage protects against arthritis - It is an anti-inflammatory herb
Jamaican allspice is good to prevent gas and bloating
Cinnamon - Lowers blood sugar
Clove is high in antioxidants
Partners in Health
8630 M. Guilford Road
Columbia, MD 21045